Monday, February 25, 2008

One Abortion: Three Victims

I came across this in the news a few weeks ago. Artist Hanged Herself After an Abortion.

The young woman, single and expecting twins, was upset by her boyfriend's reaction to the pregnancy. From the article linked:

Her suicide note read: "I told everyone I didn't want to do it, even at the hospital. I was frightened, now it is too late. I died when my babies died. I want to be with my babies: they need me, no-one else does."


Of course there has been an inquest since her death one year ago (Feb 2007) and the 'evidence' provided by the physicians involved was decided to have been enough to show the judge that there was no wrongdoing.

The first thought that came to my mind was that I don't believe this is an isolated incident. The scandal that often follows a suicide only compounds the grief of the family left behind. How many would let it be known that a previous abortion was the turning point in the decedent's life? Would they even know that the young woman had had an abortion?

So many questions, so many broken lives.

God created man in his image; in the divine image he created him; male and female he created them. Genesis 1:27

No comments: