Monday, August 15, 2011

My Summer

It may come as a surprise to many of you that I have not fallen from the face of the earth.  For new readers, WELCOME!  I have not posted since April and will try to explain my absence for those of you who may have noticed.  Here goes:

April and high school track season blended into summer kayaking, camping, Boy Scout events and family visits.  This was also impacted by the imploding of the motherboard on our PC, anticipation of quadrupling of school tuition next year (as our son moves on to high school), the head gasket needing replacement on my car with nearly 180k miles on it, looking for part time work which enables me to both help financially and still be Mom and a varied assortment of other things that come not in threes, but threes squared.  Needless to say, but of course I will anyway, the blog was put on the back burner for months.  Thankfully, we already had a mini laptop that can substitute for the desktop computer in a limited way until we can have the necessary repairs made.

I am currently reading The Closing of the Muslim Mind which is an amazing book that is sure to completely change the view of Islam to all who read it and recently finished Jimmy Akin's The Fathers Know Best.  RCIA is gearing up for a new year and our parish has a lot of exciting things happening, yet I hope to make more regular contributions to the blog once again.  I hope this entry finds you well.  If you have prayer requests or wish to contact me either leave a comment or mail me at catholicponderings(at)yahoo.com.  May God bless you!

No comments: