Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday 2008


My Lord,
your son has suffered so much, shed so much blood.
I was born with so many faults
and my nature is so full of weakness,
and yet your son Jesus has died on the cross.
For me.
I know your grace has the power
to cleanse me of my many sins
and to make me more like your Son.
Thank you for your goodness and love for me.
I ask you, Father, to watch over me - always.

Fifth Sorrowful Mystery

The Crucifixion

+Our Father+

In you, O Lord, I seek refuge;

do not let me ever be put to shame;

in your righteousness deliver me. Psalm 31:1

+Hail Mary+

Into your hand I commit my spirit... Psalm 31:5a

+Hail Mary+

You have redeemed me,

O Lord, faithful God. Psalm 31:5b

+Hail Mary+

I am the scorn of all my adversaries,

a horror to my neighbors,

an object of dread to my acquaintances;

those who see me in the street flee from me. Psalm 31:11

+Hail Mary+

I have passed out of mind like one who is dead;

I have become like a broken vessel. Psalm 31:12

+Hail Mary+

But I trust in you, O Lord;

I say, "You are my God." Psalm 31:14

+Hail Mary+

My times are in your hand;

deliver me from the hand of my enemies and persecutors. Psalm 31:15

+Hail Mary+

Let your face shine upon your servant;

save me in your steadfast love. Psalm 31:16

+Hail Mary+

Be strong, and let your heart take courage,

all you who wait for the Lord. Psalm 31:24

+Hail Mary+

+Glory Be+

+Oh My Jesus+

Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness, and our hope. To you do we cry poor banished children of Eve. To you do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, O most gracious advocate, your eyes of mercy toward us and after this our exile show unto us the blessed fruit of your womb, Jesus. O clement! O loving! O sweet Virgin Mary! Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

+ In the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen

No comments: