Thursday, March 20, 2008

Holy Thursday


Loving Provider,
you gather me in this upper room with your son,
to be fed by your love.
At that supper, Jesus told us to "love one another"
and I know that is the heart of his gift,
his sacrifice for me.
I ask that I might find the source of my own heart,
the meaning for my own life,
in that Eucharist.
Guide me to the fullness of your love and life.


Fourth Sorrowful Mystery

The Carrying of the Cross

+Our Father+

I gave my back to those who struck me,

and my cheeks to those

who pulled out my beard... Isaiah 50:6a

+Hail Mary+

I did not hide my face from insult and spitting. Isaiah 50:6b

+Hail Mary+

The Lord God helps me... Isaiah 50:7a

+Hail Mary+

Therefore I have set my face like flint,

and I know that I shall not be put to shame. Isaiah 50:7b

+Hail Mary+

[Jesus Christ] emptied himself,

taking the form of a slave,

being born in human likeness... Philippians 2:7

+Hail Mary+

And being found in human form,

he humbled himself

and became obedient to the point of death -

even death on a cross. Philippians 2:8

+Hail Mary+

Therefore God also highly exalted him

and gave him the name

that is above every name. Philippians 2:9

+Hail Mary+

So that at the name of Jesus

every knee should bend... Philippians 2:10

+Hail Mary+

And every tongue should confess

that Jesus Christ is Lord,

to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:11

+Hail Mary+

Let the same mind be in you that

was in Christ Jesus. Philippians 2:5

+Hail Mary+

+Glory Be+

+Oh My Jesus+

No comments: