If I could ask Senator Obama one question, it would be why babies who survive abortion are to be left to die an agonizing death. Given the opportunity, I'd be sure to have him watch a video of such an abomination after he had eaten a rather large meal. I archived a blog entry on Mr. Obama and his warped views in regard to life issues and now I'd like to share some more interesting tidbits. Remember, this man could soon be your president.
Clips from news articles:
Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama may have a lot of explaining to do. He voted against requiring medical care for aborted fetuses who survive. --CBS News
Jill Stanek, reporter for World Net Daily, lists in an article from January 2008 Obama's 10 Reasons for Supporting Infanticide, states the following:
.- A pro-life nurse is seconding a statement made by Alan Keyes that Jesus Christ would not vote for Barack Obama, pointing to his support for infanticide.
Jill Stanek is a nurse who discovered babies were being aborted alive and shelved to die in soiled utility rooms while working at a hospital in Illinois and since has been a strong advocate against partial-birth and live-birth abortions.
According to her commentary on WorldNetDaily.com, Stanek explains why Keyes made his statement.
At the federal level, legislation was presented called the Born Alive Infants Protection Act (BAIPA) which stated all live-born babies were guaranteed the same constitutional right to equal protection, whether or not they were wanted.
BAIPA sailed through the U.S. Senate by unanimous vote and by an overwhelming majority in the House. President Bush signed the bill into law in 2002.
Stanek wrote that, “in Illinois, the state version of BAIPA repeatedly failed, thanks in large part to then-state Sen. Barack Obama. It only passed in 2005, after Obama left.”
“Obama articulately worried that legislation protecting live aborted babies might infringe on women's rights or abortionists' rights. Obama's clinical discourse, his lack of mercy, shocked me. I was naive back then. Obama voted against the measure, twice. It ultimately failed.”
“So, the reason Keyes said Jesus Christ wouldn't vote for Barack Obama was because of Obama's fanatical support of abortion to the point of condoning infanticide.”
In a recent USA Today opinion piece, Obama admitted being "nagged" by the Jesus-wouldn't-vote-for-him statement, but only because he wished he'd given a different comeback.
Obama’s initial response, as stated in USA Today was “that we live in a pluralistic society, and that I can't impose my religious views on another.” He added that he was running to be the U.S. senator of Illinois, and not a minister. more at--Catholic News Agency
I was intimately involved in the five-year process to pass the Illinois Born Alive Infant Protection Act, testifying before committees twice that then-state Sen. Barack Obama sat on.
Following are 10 excuses Obama has given through the years for voting "present" and "no" on the Illinois Born Alive Infant Protection Act, or BAIPA.
- A ban to stop aborted babies from being shelved to die would be burdensome to mothers.
- Aborting babies alive and letting them die is a doctor's prerogative.
- Aborting babies alive and letting them die violates no universal principle.
Are you sick to your stomach yet? Go here to read the article in its entirety. I suggest not after eating a full meal.
How about Senator Joe Biden, an alleged Catholic? From the website On the Issues:
- No public funding for abortion; it imposes a view. (Apr 2007)
- Supports partial-birth abortion ban, but not undoing Roe. (Apr 2007)
- Accepts Catholic church view that life begins at conception. (Apr 2007)
- Nominees should agree on constitutional right to privacy. (Apr 2007)
- Voted NO on defining unborn child as eligible for SCHIP. (Mar 2008)
- Voted NO on prohibiting minors crossing state lines for abortion. (Mar 2008)
- Voted YES on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Apr 2007)
- Voted NO on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)
- Voted YES on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)
- Voted NO on criminal penalty for harming unborn fetus during other crime. (Mar 2004)
- Voted NO on maintaining ban on Military Base Abortions. (Jun 2000)
- Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions. (Oct 1999)
- Voted NO on banning human cloning. (Feb 1998)
- Rated 36% by NARAL, indicating a mixed voting record on abortion. (Dec 2003)
- Expand embryonic stem cell research. (Jun 2004)
- Rated 0% by the NRLC, indicating a pro-choice stance. (Dec 2006)
- Ensure access to and funding for contraception. (Feb 2007)
Please familiarize yourself with the Voter's Guide for Serious Catholics. Click here to download the .pdf file.
*For more articles on Obama and the issue of abortion click on the links to the Wall Street Journal by Peggy Noonan and on the Real Clear Politics website written by Kathleen Parker.
God bless you and be well.