What kids like about Camp Turner:
- The camp counselors are awesome
- The food is amazingly good and there is never a possibility of going hungry
- The canteen
- Crayfish hunts, funny camp shenanigans, clubs so kids can choose an area of interest to concentrate on
- They can get e-mails from home everyday at mail time
- Horses, archery, mountain hikes, creek walks
- Meeting new friends and seeing some of the same faces year after year
- Camp counselors are awesome!
- Mass is celebrated once a week at camp
- Prayer is an important part of the day - morning, meal times, evening and other times as well
- Even picky eaters will find something they love to eat. Meals are like home cooking and at every meal cereal, peanut butter and jelly and a very nice salad bar is available. Last summer I spotted seafood salad on the salad bar!
- No video games, no iPods, no computers!
- Kids have a wide variety of activities to try out
- The camp mission statement: "Honor God in the Children Confided to Your Care."
- The beautiful drive
- Parents can view pictures from camp daily online and send an e-mail to the child
- Kids are happy to go and stories of adventure unravel for weeks afterward
- Children get used to staying away from home without Mom and Dad (good prep for college!)
- Did I mention awesome camp counselors? One young man has been the cabin counselor for years and when our son was a bit homesick one night, he let him stay up late and the two of them played cards and talked until our son was ready to go to sleep.
Camp Turner is having an open house for those unfamiliar with it on July 3rd from noon - 4 pm. Check out their website for camp pictures, registration information, a camp brochure and employment opportunities HERE.
If you have any questions about Camp Turner that perhaps a mom can answer, please leave a comment for me and I'll get in touch with you.