St. Luke's Mission of Mercy is located on Walden Avenue in Buffalo. At this past Thanksgiving, they distributed 2,600 bundles of food. Each bundle included two bags of dry/canned goods including rolls, potatoes, vegetables, macaroni and cheese, cookies. Folks also received perishable items including meat, butter, milk, frozen desserts, etc.
- They serve two meals per day, six days a week and one meal on Sunday.
- They provide shelter for men and women of all ages who otherwise would have no place to lay their head.
- They provide housing for many families in need.
- They provide a house for men recovering from addictions.
- They provide donated clothing, household items, small appliances to anyone in need.
- They maintain contact with those who have needed their support in the past, including prison ministry and support for those transitioning from imprisonment to life outside of prison.
- They offer their church for the burial of Catholics who would have no other place to go, donating the time of their choir and facilities.
It is my experience that they are always in need of new socks, gloves, hats, coats, hygiene products, medications, prayers, and time. They rely solely upon the generosity of others and if you are looking for a local organization to support, please consider St. Luke's Mission of Mercy.
To volunteer, contact them HERE