Monday, March 17, 2008

Monday of Holy Week 2008


God of love,
My prayer is simple:
Your son, Jesus, suffered and died for me.
I know only
that I cannot have real strength
unless I rely on you.
I cannot feel protected
from my many weaknesses
until I turn to you
for forgiveness and your unalterable love.
Help me to share this
strength, protection and love with others.

I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth;
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son Our Lord,
Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried.
He descended into Hell; the third day He rose again from the dead;
He ascended into Heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and life everlasting.
Amen.


The First Sorrowful Mystery - Scriptural Rosary

The Agony of Jesus in the Garden

+Our Father+

In the days of his flesh,

Jesus offered up prayers and supplicatins,

with loud cries and tears,

to the one who was able to

save him from death... Hebrew 5:7a

+Hail Mary+

And he was heard because of his reverent submission. Hebrew 5:7b

+Hail Mary+

Although he was a Son, he learned obedience through what he suffered. Hebrew 5:8

+Hail Mary+

I have become a stranger to my kindred, an alien to my mother's children. Psalm 69:8

+Hail Mary+

It is zeal for your house that has consumed me; the insults of those who insult you have fallen on me. Psalm 69:9

+Hail Mary+

With you faithful help rescue me from sinking in the mire... Psalm 69:13a

+Hail Mary+

Let me be delivered from my enemies and from the deep waters. Psalm 69:13b

+Hail Mary+

Answer me, O Lord, for your steadfast love is good; according to your abundant mercy, turn to me. Psalm 69:16

+Hail Mary+

Do not hide your face from your servant, for I am in distress - make haste to answer me. Psalm 69:17

+Hail Mary+

For the Lord hears the needy, and does not despise his own that are in bonds. Psalm 69:33

+Hail Mary+

+Glory Be+

+Oh my Jesus+

No comments: