Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tuesday of Holy Week 2008


God of such unwavering love,
how do I "celebrate"
the passion and death of Jesus?
I often want to look the other way
and not watch,
not stay with Jesus in his suffering.
Give me the strength
to see his love with honesty and compassion
and to feel deeply
your own forgiveness and mercy for me.
Help me to understand
how to "celebrate" this week.
I want be able to bring
my weaknesses and imperfections with me
as I journey with Jesus this week,
so aware of his love.


The Second Sorrowful Mystery

The Scourging at the Pillar

+Our Father+

Why are your robes red,

and your garments like theirs

who tread the wine press? Isaiah 63:2

+Hail Mary+

I have trodden the wine press alone,

and from the peoples no one was with me. Isaiah 63:3

+Hail Mary+

I looked, but there was no helper;

I stared, but there was no one to sustain me. Isaiah 63:5

+Hail Mary+

I will recount the gracious deeds of the Lord,

the praiseworthy acts of the Lord. Isaiah 63:7

+Hail Mary+

All who see me mock at me;

they make mouths at me, they

shake their heads. Psalm 22:7

+Hail Mary+

For dogs are all around me;

a company of evil doers encircles me. Psalm 22:16

+Hail Mary+

They divide my clothes

among themselves,

and for my clothing they cast lots. Psalm 22:18

+Hail Mary+

But you, O Lord, do not be far away! Psalm 22:19a

+Hail Mary+

O my help, come quickly to my aid! Psalm 22:19b

+Hail Mary+

I will tell of your name

to my brothers and sisters;

in the midst of the congregation

I will praise you. Psalm 22:22

+Hail Mary+

+Glory Be+

+Oh My Jesus+

No comments: